FIRST Mentorship Program
FIRST is in the process of developing a mentorship program. At this time, final details of the pilot program are still to be worked out – but we’d like to start collecting interest from members who are interested in serving as mentors.
Pilot program objective: Facilitate integration and empower participants of the FIRST Fellowship program to the FIRST Incident Response community. The goal is networking and integration to FIRST – not focused on sharing technical expertise. Pilot program mentees will all be Fellows from member and non-member FIRST teams.
Mentors should be:
- FIRST members (teams, team members or liaisons)
- Planning on attending the FIRST Conference in Dublin (June 2022)
- Willing to commit to the timeline below for the pilot program
- Willing to assist with the FIRST application/sponsoring process
- Announcement email – call for interested mentors (March)
- Invite fellows to register/complete survey (April)
- Mentor program orientation (virtual in various time zones) to review expectations and best practices (May)
- Connect Mentors/Mentees (May)
- In-person meetings/activities at the FIRST Conference in Dublin (June)
- Post-Conference (July, Aug, Sept, Oct)
- 1:1 monthly virtual meetings (suggest 1 hour)
- Submit a 1-2 paragraph report to FIRST detailing activities and feedback. Feedback will be used to evaluate and expand the program for new participants
Planned In-person Conference Activities:
- mentors/mentees at the welcome event
- Provide badges/ribbons recognizing participants
- Participate in welcome gaming activities (scavenger hunt/stamp card for mentees to meet people/break the ice)
- Lunch roundtable discussion early in the week and photo
- BoF/Workshop on gaps/challenges to applying for membership with mentors and MC
- Recognize mentors – letters to management, hat/shirt, photo, newsletter article
For questions, please contact the FIRST Secretariat. The only action now is to use the form below to sign up if you are interested. Completing the form in no way obligates you – it just adds you to the mailing list of interested mentors to receive more information/details.