Human Factors in Security SIG
People have become the main driver for breaches but the human factors remain insufficiently addressed in the IT security sector. The mission of this SIG is to improve the understanding of human factors in security among security professionals worldwide. To achieve this goal we will facilitate a regular exchange on methods, measures and skill sets to effectively address the human factors in security.
Goals & Deliverables
Our goal is to exchange best practices, provide orientation and share knowledge among members through regular meetings, a forum, and a resource library.
- Hosting regular meetings including webinars
- Facilitating peer-to-peer learning: The SIG will facilitate peer-to-peer learning by providing a forum (slack channel) for members to ask questions, share experiences, and get feedback from other security (awareness) professionals.
- Sharing news and updates: The SIG will provide members with regular updates on the latest trends and developments, helping them to stay informed and stay ahead of emerging threats.
- Providing mentorship and guidance: The SIG can provide mentorship and guidance to members who are new to security awareness, or who are looking to expand their skills and knowledge in this area.
- Developing a resource library: The SIG could create a library of resources, such as training materials, case studies, or templates, that members can access and use to help promote security awareness within their own organisations.
- Cornelia Puhze, SWITCH-CERT
- Katja Dörlemann, SWITCH-CERT
- At the Annual Conference (in person)
- Monthly (virtually)
Request to Join